Thursday 21 November 2013

Sainsburys? Really?

Well I mainly spend the most money in Sainsburys. Mainly because I trust it. I can afford to get fantastic good quality cuts of meat at the butchers, and wonderful potatoes and salad, at farm shops because I but everything else at Sainsburys. I know superman as rents are not cool, but the are essential. I really dislike that my 3 year old knows how to play games on a Kindle, but it's a sign of the times. Just like supermarkets.
I have shopped in all of the main ones. For quality, price, best offers and consistency I only frequent two; Sainsburys and Aldi. I don't ever feel ripped off by them, and I can only afford the other wonderful groceries that I buy weekly because I buy the bargains from these shops.Basics like chopped tomatoes, my kids lunch box things, pasta sauces, cheese. All if the things that save my sanity when, like everyone else  I Don't Have The Time to shop or cook from scratch, and honestly I don't always have the energy. I always use ready rolled pastry. I just save sooo much time. Basics chopped tomatoes, well for everything from Meatballs to sloppy Joe's I just can't see any difference, other than they are at least a third cheaper, and an easy stock-up-able staple in my cupboard that can be whizzed up into so many tomato based recipes.
I buy my potatoes in bulk, from our local garden centres I get a huge 25kg bag for £7. I use these in a month usually, it is amazingly astounding what you can do with spuds. Do the math, compare it to the £2.70 on average that you'd spend on 2 kg in a supermarket, for my family that little bag would do one roast! All that money saved. It means real, local fabulous, large cuts of meat. Loads of veg for a soup or casserole, or the luxury essentials like cheese, cream, and even the fuel to get yourself to a really good farm shop.
I'm going to look into ordering a box of organic veg from a local farm next week. I want to know if it will make a difference and is worth it financially. I'm also looking for somewhere that can sell me beef or pork in bulk, but ready (y'know, cut up) for my freezer.
Anyone that knows anywhere let me know. C xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment